Boehnke K. My Adviser Went on Sabbatical, and It Changed the Way I Look for Mentorship. Science Careers. 2018 January 25.
- : Explores the process and value of building a broad network of mentors.
Guise J-M, et al. Team mentoring for interdisciplinary team science: Lessons from K12 scholars and directors. Academic Medicine : Journal of the Association of American Medical Colleges. 2017;92(2):214-221.
- : Discusses the process, benefits, and challenges of team mentoring relating to career development and research.
University of Wisconsin-Madison. Center for Improvement of Mentored Experiences in Research.
- : Provides curricula, assessment tools and resources for mentors and mentees.
Pain E. Content Collection: Mentoring Advice. Science Careers. 2012 February 3.
- : Collection of articles about the importance and rewards of mentoring.
Fleming et al. Mentoring translational science investigators. Journal of the American Medical Association. 2012 June;308(19):1981-1982.
- : Provides mentoring guidance for translational science investigators.
Committee on Science, Engineering and Public Policy. Adviser, Teacher, Role Model, Friend: On Being a Mentor to Students in Science and Engineering. Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 1997.
- : Offers helpful advice on how teachers, administrators, and career advisers in science and engineering can become better mentors to their students.
Committee on Science, Engineering and Public Policy. Enhancing the Postdoctoral Experience for Scientists and Engineers: A Guide for Postdoctoral Scholars, Advisers, Institutions, Funding Organizations, and Disciplinary Societies. Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 2000.
- : Offers an assessment of the postdoctoral experience and provides principles, action points, and recommendations for enhancing that experience.
- : Strives to further the progress of women and others underrepresented in scientific and technical fields through the use of a dynamic, technology-supported mentoring network. Includes an online community, one-on-one mentoring, an e-forum, resources and a resume database.
- : American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)'s list of resources (publications/Web sites) for individuals interested in science mentoring.
- : Membership driven organization founded in 2003 to enhance the quality of the postdoctoral experience in the U.S. Key program activities are: Advocacy, Resource Development, and Community-Building.
University of Michigan, Horace H. Rackham School of Graduate Studies. Mentor Graduate Students: A Guide for Faculty at a Diverse University. Ann Arbor, MI: University of Michigan, 2009.
- : Overview of the benefits and basics of mentoring, with a particular focus on working with students from diverse backgrounds and identities.
University of Michigan, Horace H. Rackham School of Graduate Studies. How to Get the Mentoring You Want: A Guide for Graduate Students at a Diverse University. Ann Arbor, MI: University of Michigan, 2008.
- : Topic areas include Developing Relationships with Mentors; Mentorship Issues Within a Diverse Community; Mentoring Issues Facing Underrepresented Faculty; and Resources.
Lee A, Dennis C, Campbell P. Nature's Guide for Mentors. Nature. 2007 447:791-797.
- : Compilation of what constitutes good mentoring.