myIDP, American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- : myIDP expands upon the Individual Development Plan (IDP) concept that is commonly used in industry to help employees define and pursue their career goals. It is a unique, web-based career-planning tool tailored to meet the needs of PhD students and postdocs in the sciences.
Mentoring Resources Web Site, by the Institute for Clinical Research Education at the University of Pittsburgh.
- : Provides resources for mentees and mentors at every career stage – whether just getting started or an experienced research investigator. Topics include: Expectations, Mentoring Models, Communication, Ethics in Mentoring, Diversity in Mentoring, Problem Solving, and Additional Resources.
Research Mentoring, by Northern Illinois University.
- : Introduces issues related to mentor/trainee relationships - Mentor/Trainee Responsibilities; Need for Mentoring; Expectations, Goals Objectives; Establishing the Relationship; Working Together; Identifying Challenges; Lessons Learned; and Transition to Independent Researcher. Includes quizzes, case studies and learner feedback.
ORI: Introduction to the Responsible Conduct of Research – Chapter 7: Mentor and Trainee Responsibilities, by NH Steneck, PhD.
- : Covers mentoring topics of basic responsibilities, research environment, supervision and review, and transition to independent researcher.
Responsible Conduct of Research: Mentoring, by Columbia University.
- : Interactive case-based approach that reviews: the significance of mentoring, characteristics of the mentor-trainee relationship, ethical issues arising in the mentor-trainee relationship, responsibilities of mentors and trainees, and environmental factors that support effective mentoring.
Making the Right Moves: A Practical Guide to Scientific Management for Postdocs and New Faculty. Chapter 5: Mentoring and Being Mentored, by Burroughs Wellcome Fund and Howard Hughes Medical Institute.
- : Describes the process of mentoring, including desirable personal qualities, and plans of action for both mentors and trainees. Topics include: What is Mentoring?; A Mentor's Responsibilities; Strategies for Effective Mentoring; Different Mentoring Needs; Mentoring Individuals Outside Your Lab; How to Get the Mentoring You Need; Gender and Culture Issues and Resources.
National Institutes of Health (NIH) Online Ethics Course on the Responsible Conduct of Research – Mentor/Trainee Relationships Module, by NIH for its Intramural Research staff.
- : Covers the basic principles of good research ethics with scenarios, key points and concise summaries and includes Mentor/Trainee Definitions, Goals of the Mentor/Trainee Relationship, Mentoring Expectations, Mentor/Trainee Responsibilities.