- : The America Invents Act was signed into law on September 16, 2011, to modernize the U.S. patent system. This site provides implementation information, videos, FAQ’s and other resources.
- : Legal framework for transfer of university generated, federally funded inventions to the commercial market place.
- : Site that helps government grantees and contractors comply with the Bayh-Dole regulations that require that government funded inventions be reported to the federal agency who made the award.
- : Provides policy information, invention reporting, NIH Guide Notices and contacts.
- : Listing of NIH resources on Data Sharing, including the Final NIH Statement on Sharing Research Data (February 26, 2003), NIH Data Sharing Policy and Implementation Guidance, and NIH Data Sharing Workbook.
- : Listing of NIH resources that include the NIH Model Organism Sharing Policy (May7, 2004), Frequently Asked Questions, and sample plans.
National Science Foundation (NSF) Grants Policy Manual, Chapter VII: Other Grant Requirements. Section 730: Intellectual Property (Including Patents and Inventions, and Copyrights)
- : Outlines intellectual property policy of the National Science Foundation.
- : COGR is an association of research universities that provides advice and information to its membership to ensure that federal agencies understand academic operations and the impact of proposed regulations on colleges and universities. Provides list of intellectual property resources.
- : A federal law that establishes the public's right to obtain information from federal government agencies.