Heus JJ, de Pauw ES, Leloux M, Morpurgo M, Hamblin MR, Heger M. Importance of intellectual property generated by biomedical research at universities and academic hospitals. Journal of Clinical and Translational Research. 2017;3(2):5.
- : This paper aims to (1) raise IP awareness amongst clinical and translational researchers; (2) provide a concise overview of what the patenting trajectory entails; and (3) highlight the importance of patenting for research and the researcher.
Yandell K. Keeping up with IP. The Scientist. 2014 September.
- : Describes strategies for protecting scientific intellectual property.
Fletcher AC, Bourne PE. Ten simple rules to commercialize scientific research. PLoS Computational Biology. 2012 July;8(9):e1002712.
- : Outlines key issues to consider in the process of commercializing research.
Fletcher AC, Bourne PE. Ten simple rules for starting a company. PLoS Computational Biology. 2012 March;8(3):e1002439.
- : Provides basic guidance for starting a company while in academia.
National Research Council, Serafin, RJ and Uhlir, PF. A Question of Balance: Private Rights and Public Interest in Scientific and Technical Databases. Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 1999.
- : Explores the balance between the rights of database rights holders and public-interest users of the data such as researchers, educators and libraries.
National Research Council, Finding the Path: Issues of Access to Research Resources. Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 1999.
- : Discusses the range of issues about the practices of stake holders of research resources and the policies that shape their motivations. The report is organized into three chapters: materials transfer agreements, patents, and data collection.
- : Administers and sustains an effective national copyright system.
- : Federal agency for granting U.S. patents and registering trademarks.
- : Professional society dedicated to supporting technology transfer in academia.
- : Professional society engaged in the development, use, transfer, marketing and management of intellectual property.
- : Comprehensive, free patent search Web site.