Vasilevsky, et al. Reproducible and reusable research: Are journal data sharing policies meeting the mark? Peer J. 2017; April 25.
- : Analyzes the pervasiveness and quality of data sharing policies in the biomedical literature.
- : Describes NIH efforts to enhance research rigor and reproducibility and includes guidelines, training modules, funding opportunities and other resources.
- : A trans-NIH initiative designed to maximize and accelerate the integration of Big Data and data science into biomedical research.
Institute of Medicine (IOM). Sharing Clinical Trial Data: Maximizing Benefits, Minimizing Risk (2015). Washington, DC: The National Academies Press.
- : Presents guiding principles and strategies for the responsible sharing of clinical trial data.
Institute of Medicine (IOM). Sharing Clinical Research Data: Workshop Summary (2013).
- : Identifies strategies to facilitate sharing of clinical research data in order to advance scientific knowledge and public health.
Committee on Ensuring the Utility and Integrity of Research Data in a Digital Age, National Academy of Sciences. Ensuring the Integrity, Accessibility, and Stewardship of Research Data in the Digital Age. Washington, DC: National Academies Press, 2009.
- : Addresses complex data management issues, providing guidance on the principles that are affecting research data in the digital age.
Pain E. Your data, warts and all. Science Careers. 2013 October 4.
- : Discusses factors that can influence transparent disclosure of scientific results.
Ohno-Machado L. To share or not to share: That is not the question. Science Translational Medicine. 2012 December 19.
- : Discusses how the scientific community is addressing challenges involved in sharing clinical and biomedical data.
Rossner M, Yamada KM. What’s in a picture? The temptation of image manipulation. Journal of Cell Biology. 2004 July;166(1):11-15.
- : Presents general guidelines and specific examples to illustrate appropriate management of digital image data.
- : Provides an overview of the NIH’s efforts to maximize the use of biomedical big data.
- : Outlines best practices for maintaining lab records.
Bloom T, Ganley E, Winker M. Data access for the open access literature: PLOS's data policy. PLOS Biology 2014 Feb;12(2): e1001797.
- : Provides background and description of PLOS’s data policy.