Grundy, et al. Prevalence of disclosed conflicts of interest in biomedical research and associations with journal impact factors and altmetric scores. JAMA. 2018;319(4):408-409.
- : Explores the prevalence of conflict of interest disclosure and its association with increased media and public attention.
Editorial. Nature journals tighten rules on non-financial conflicts. Nature. 2018;6:554.
- : Discusses new expectations for authors of research articles, reviews, commentaries and research analyses.
Besley, et al. Perceived conflict of interest in health science partnerships. PLoS ONE. April 20, 2017.
- : Discusses the findings from three studies to explore public conflict of interest perceptions among industry-funded research..
Institute of Medicine. Conflict of Interest and Medical Innovation: Ensuring Integrity While Facilitating Innovation in Medical Research, Workshop Summary. 2014.
- : Discusses the effect of current COI policies on medical innovation.
Institute of Medicine. Conflict of Interest in Medical Research, Education and Practice. Committee on Conflict of Interest in Medical Research, Education, and Practice and Institute of Medicine. Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 2009.
- : Provides a comprehensive view of conflicts of interest (COI) in medicine, including policy recommendations to identify, limit, and manage conflicts.
Reardon S. Disclosing Conflicts of Interest has Unintended Effects. Nature News. October 3, 2014.
- : Identifies unintended effects of conflicts of interest disclosure on relationships between patients, physicians, and drug companies.
Whoriskey P. Science and Drug Companies. The Washington Post. November 24, 2012.
- : Discusses potential for bias related to pharmaceutical industry sponsored research.
Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). Conflicts of Interest and Transparency Initiatives.
- : Describes projects and provides resources related to the AAMC's transparency initiatives.
Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). Forum on Conflict of Interest Academe (FOCI Academe).
- : Provides education and guidance on conflict of interest; leadership in the development and application of conflict of interest standards; a resources for policy makers, media and the public on conflict of interest issues; a national forum on conflict of interest discussion, policy development and implementation.
Report of the AAMC Task Force on Industry Funding of Medical Education to the AAMC Executive Council, 2008.
- : This final report examines the benefits and pitfalls associated with industry funding of medical education and offers principles, recommendations, and guidelines.
Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology. COI Toolkit
- : Provides recommendations, tools and resources for the conduct and management of financial relationships between academia and industry in biomedical research.
- : Comprehensive list of Web links on conflicts of interest.